Naturally, I would follow my best reading month with one of my worst! But I decided to forgive myself since I read two massive King novels last month. I read/listened to a total of 13 books in August. The following list is in the order that I read them. Any title followed by an asterisk is a book that was provided to me for free by the publisher.
1. Jane Doe* by Victoria Helen Stone 5/5★
2. This Body’s Not Big Enough for Both of Us* by Edgar Cantero 3/5★
3. Come Back to the Swamp* by Laura Morrison 3/5★
4. The Immortal Gene* by Jonas Saul – TLC Book Tours 3/5★
5. A Great Reckoning by Louise Penny – (audio book, not pictured) Penny Pushers Goodreads book club August read 5/5★
6. Don’t Look Now* by Max Manning 4/5★
7. Sister of Mine* by Laurie Petrou 3.5/5★
8. The Other Woman* by Sandie Jones 4/5★
9. Tear Me Apart* by J.T. Ellison 5/5★
10. The Incendiaries by R.O. Kwon – (audio book, not pictured) Salt Water Reads Instagram book club August read 3/5★
11. Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King – (audio book) #awesomeAFbuddyreads Instagram buddy read 4/5★
12. Eleanor Courtown* by Lucy E.M. Black – TLC Book Tours 4/5★
13. The Stand by Stephen King – (half read/half listened to audio book) Instagram buddy read hosted by @keeperofpages 5/5★
My favorite reads of the month were Jane Doe, Tear Me Apart and The Stand.
My total books read in 2018 by the end of August was 115. My Goodreads goal for the year was to read 100 books.