This week’s edition of Top Ten Tuesday is books on my fall 2018 TBR. These books are in no particular order. Click the image above for the full list of prompts for TTT hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
1. Cross her Heart by Sarah Pinborough is the October read for Black Heart Reads Instagram book club, which I co-host. Behind Her Eyes was one of my favorite reads of 2017, so I’m very excited for her new release, despite the mixed reviews.
2. Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman is the October read for Criminally Good Book Club on Instagram. I actually don’t know much about this book, but I try to read with CGBC every month and I love the cover so I’m all in!
3. The Crow Girl by Erik Axl Sund is a book that I’ve been wanting to read for way too long now. Abby from Crime by the Book raves about it and I’m determined to cross it off my TBR this year. I figured October would be the perfect time for it. I’ve even been thinking about hosting a buddy ready on IG if there’s interest.
4. Daisy in Chains by Sharon Bolton is high on my TBR after seeing a fellow bookstagrammer rave about it recently. I’m planning to listen to the audiobook once Scribd releases my next round of books… I read Dead Woman Walking last year and really enjoyed it. I’ve also been looking forward to The Craftsman, which comes out next month.
5. It by Stephen King is a book that I never thought I’d read based on size alone. I just committed to an Instagram buddy read for next month. It’s being hosted by @myreadingchronicles if you want to join. I’ll probably try and do at least some of it on audio if I can.
6. We Were Mothers by Katie Sise is an Amazon First Read that probably would have sat on my kindle unread for ages, but the same day that I chose it, Salt Water Reads announced it as their October read. Unfortunately, I don’t always have time to read with SWR, but I am going to try in October.
7. I Know You Know by Gilly Macmillan is an audiobook that I somehow managed to win. I can’t even remember if I actually entered. It just showed up in my email, but I’m not complaining. It’s actually being released today, but the audio wasn’t available for me to start early, so I’ll be listening to it later in the month.
8. Speak of the Devil by Britney King is another novel that takes place in the New Hope Church universe, and I’m on the blog tour for early October. I read The Social Affair back in May and I’m reading The Replacement Wife now in anticipation of her new release. These books do not have to be read in order, but I prefer to since they do revolve around the same cult.
9. Open Your Eyes by Paula Day is a book that I won from Goodreads. It’s being released in early October and I’m looking forward to reading it.
10. Bird Box by Josh Malerman is one of those books that I tell myself I want to read every month because it’s so short and everyone else has loved it, but it always gets bumped. I really want to read it at some point around Halloween. I know there’s a movie in the works as well and definitely want to cross it off my TBR before it hits theaters.