Hi! I’m still here! I got in a major funk where I really didn’t even feel like opening my laptop …for almost two months. Whoops!
Somehow I managed to close out the year with my best reading month yet. I had an ambitious 8 buddy read/book club reads… that then turned into 9 and I managed to get through all of them except one.
I even got ahead for Black Heart Reads since everyone was raving about Verity, our January read, and I just couldn’t wait.
The following list is in the order that I read them. Any title followed by an asterisk is a book that was provided to me for free by the publisher/author.
1. The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle* by Stuart Turton – (audio book) 4.5/5★
2. Daughters of the Lake* by Wendy Webb – Black Heart Reads November read 4/5★
3. NOS4A2 by Joe Hill – (audio book) #scaredsuspensebookclub buddy read 5/5★
4. Seven Days of Us* by Francesca Hornak (audio book) #7daysofallofus buddy read 3.5/5★
5. Bad Blood by John Carreyrou – (audio book) 5/5★
6. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King – (audio book) @kingbuddyreads December read 4/5★
7. Verity by Colleen Hoover – (ebook, not pictured) Black Heart Reads January read 4.5/5★
8. Joyland by Stephen King – (audio book) buddy read 4/5★
9. No Exit by Taylor Adams – buddy read 4/5★
10. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens – (audio book) 5/5★
11. Wraith by Joe Hill – 3/5★
12. The Craftsman* by Sharon Bolton – Black Heart Reads December read 4/5★
13. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – (audio book) buddy read 4.5/5★
14. Hanover House by Brenda Novak – (audio book, not pictured) 3/5★
15. Before We Were Strangers* by Brenda Novak – (ebook, not pictured) 4/5★
16. Perfect Days by Raphael Montes – (audio book) 4/5★
17. Watching You* by Lisa Jewell – 4.5/5★
18. The Shuddering by Ania Ahlborn – #shudderingseason buddy read 5/5★
19. The Alice Network by Kate Quinn – (audio book) 5/5★
20. Hark! The Herald Angels Scream an anthology – 4.5/5★
DNF – Hiddensee by Gregory Maguire
At the beginning of 2018 I set my reading goal for 100 and read/listened to a total of 182 books. For 2019 I decided to set my goal to 150.