I started out 2019 with a solid reading month. I’m pretty proud of the fact that I read three Book of the Month titles for the #unreadbotmchallenge and started a fourth that I’m about 1/3 of the way through. I did pick two for my February box, BUT I actually already read The Winter Sister on netgalley and decided I wanted a copy. (The other book I chose is The Gilded Wolves.) I’m also pretty impressed with myself for reading all three of my Night Worms books the month they arrived (even if two were novellas). Oh and I included Apart in the Dark in this photo even though I still need to read the second novella.
The following list is in the order that I read them. Any title followed by an asterisk is a book that was provided to me for free by the publisher/author.
1. The Innocent Man* by John Grisham – (audio book) 3/5★
2. Freefall* by Jessica Barry – 4/5★
3. Somebody I Used to Know* by David Bell – (audio book) 4/5★
4. Stirring the Sheets by Chad Lutzke – 3.5/5★
5. Caraval by Stephanie Garber – (audio book) 4/5★
6. The Child by Fiona Barton – (audio book) 5/5★
7. Out Behind the Barn by John Boden & Chad Lutzke – 4/5★
8. The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie – (audio book, not pictured) #queensofmystery buddy read 3/5★
9. The Winter Sister* by Megan Collins – (ebook, not pictured) 5/5★
10. Pet Sematary by Stephen King – buddy read 4/5★
11. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman – (audio book) buddy read 5/5★
12. The Book of Essie by Meghan MacLean Weir – (audio book) buddy read 4/5★
13. Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang – #awesomeAFbuddyreads buddy read 5/5★
14. The Woman Inside* by E.G. Scott – 5/5★
15. Creatures of Want and Ruin by Molly Tanzer – 4/5★
DNF – The Passage by Justin Cronin – (audio book, not pictured)
Since I listened to 2/3 of The Passage, which is a 700+ page book and over 30 hours on audio I’m counting it as number 16 of 150 for my 2019 reading goal.